Phantom Creek Estates
Vineyard Foreman/Tractor Operator
Vineyard and Crew Supervision
• Assist the Viticulture team to carry out work to the quality and time standards set.
• Responsible for operating a range of vineyard equipment including tractors, mowers, fungicide/pesticide sprayers and leaf removers.
• Assist, if required, in providing supervision to the temporary foreign worker and local crews on best practices to plant, prune, sucker, thin, spray and harvest within an organic system.
• Assist and support the day-to-day workflow in all PCE Vineyards
• Monitor and assist with all irrigation, spray, nutrient, canopy management and pruning plans as set out by the Viticulturist are carried out.
• Supervises maintenance of trellis systems, including wires, anchors and posts
• Maintain all machinery and equipment and repairs as necessary.
• Assist in keeping all vineyard buildings clean, tidy and well maintained.
• Compliance with company safety guidelines, meal and break times
• Assist, if required with all recordkeeping, including vineyard progress tracking and crew payroll timesheets
• Assist, if required with capturing all spray records and details
• Responsible for ensuring materials and supplies are well stocked.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands on vineyard experience.
- Exceptional skills in safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment
- Strong knowledge of all vineyard procedures and practices
- Valid BC Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract.
- Post-Secondary Education in Viticulture or Horticulture an asset
- Ability to speak Spanish an asset.
- Experience with or enthusiasm for organic and biodynamic viticulture.
- Able to work a physically demanding role including in various weather conditions.
- Valid spray certification, or willingness to obtain, an asset